The Community Transportation Association is a national nonprofit membership organization representing public and private transportation providers and is a recognized leader in the field of transit education, training and information
The PASS basic program consists of 6 modules and includes comprehensive training on the assistance that drivers should be providing to passengers with special needs. It is based on CTAA’s Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) driver and trainer certification program that has successfully trained and certified over 45,000 drivers and instructors. It is regarded as an industry standard and we are proud to offer PASS training in an online format. For more information on the Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA) and to purchase training materials, go to www.ctaa.org/training.
• Customer Service, Communication and Stress Management
• Americans with Disabilities Act
• Service Animals
• Disability Awareness: Assisting the Visually Impaired; Hidden Disabilities; Stroke; Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders
• Bloodborne Pathogens (Hepatitis A, B, C; HIV, Dialysis)
• Emergency and Evacuation Procedures
• Driver / Passenger Sexual Improprieties
• Comprehensive training on the assistance that drivers should be providing to passengers with special needs.
• Increased efficiency and improved morale
• Can reduce a system’s exposure to liability lawsuits
• May be an important factor in reducing insurance premiums
$25 for CTAA Members, $50 for non-members.
Must hold current three year (PASS) Driver certification for the recertification program.
First-time drivers are not eligible for this program.